[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Export to RefWorks in Evergreen

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 17:14:24 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Bill Erickson<erickson at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Warren Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hrm ... is the purpose of <VENDOR> to tell RefWorks what sort of
>>> system the data is coming from, or to tell them which of their clients
>>> is using the service?
>>
>> I believe it's the latter (for instance, see the link to RefWorks at
>> http://mirlyn2-beta.lib.umich.edu/Record/001376273 ).
>>
>> I've attached a slightly modified patch that doesn't append "+Evergreen"
>> to <VENDOR> and just uses the org's fullname (with spaces replaced with '+'
>> chars). That is likely more appropriate, at least from RefWorks' point of
>> view.
>
> Couple comments... We need to turn "Export to RefWorks" into a DTD entity
> for i18n purposes (says the lazy i18n-er).

Done while integrating the patch.

>  We also need to consider
> displaying (or suppressing display) of the link by org unit setting or some
> other easily toggled switch in the javascript.

Not done ... but I'm inclined to leave it in, rather than out, by
default for now.  Thoughts, anyone?

> Other than that, the patch looks great to me.

I also wrapped the code that does the actual attribute setting in a
test to make sure the element's there, which it won't be in craftsman,
for now.

> wlayton++

Indeed.

Not committed yet.  Waiting on an updated xslt.