[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Record summary page not available

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Jun 29 13:56:09 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Catherine Buck Morgan <
Cmorgan at statelibrary.sc.gov> wrote:

>  Our test server has started exhibiting a weird behavior. I can do a
> search and get a hit list. However, I cannot get a record summary after
> selecting an item from the hit list. I discovered this when I was
> importing a marc record. The record imported successfully, but it could not
> display in the record summary page.
>
> All other functions appear to be working fine. I can place a hold on an
> item from the OPAC. I can search for patrons within the client. I can
> search for items and get the hit list. Just can’t get the record summary
> in either the OPAC or the client.
>
> I ran autogen just in case, but that didn’t do anything. (It was 2 am…give me a break.
> J)
>
> What do I need to do next?

If you can create the error in Firefox (or another browser with a good
Javascript error console), there is probably a corresponding Javascript
error that might shed some light on it.  In Firefox, it's under Tools ->
Error Console.  Clear any existing messages, click on the Errors filter at
the top, and try to recreate the problem.

-b

--
Bill Erickson