[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Queries on the Source Documentation for Translation

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 22:36:43 EDT 2009

2009/3/9 Betty Ing <ingbe at mcmaster.ca>:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a translation for the db.seed.pot file. There is a
> source phrase:
>
> "Allow a user to delete another user container" (1)
>
> There was also another phrase:
>
> "Allow a user to delete another user's title note" (2)
>
> Should (1) read as "... another user's container?" If so, what is the
> mechanism for correcting the source doc?

Yes; the source string in Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values.sql is:

INSERT INTO permission.perm_list VALUES
    (49, 'DELETE_CONTAINER', oils_i18n_gettext(49, 'Allow a user to
delete another user container', 'ppl', 'description'));

In the context of the other *_CONTAINER permissions, it looks like it
is talking specifically about containers of items, not containers of
users.

The mechanism for correcting the source doc is to point out the
problem on the list (as you have done). I have checked the correction
into trunk, rel_1_4, and rel_1_4_0; if you update your SVN checkout
and run "make newpot && make LOCALE=de-DE updatepo" in build/i18n/,
you'll get the updated string in your PO file.

> Also, where are the available translations for this particular file? It
> would be helpful for me to obtain the French translation to assist with
> the German translation.

The translations are visible in the build/i18n/po/<locale>
subdirectories; for example,
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/branches/rel_1_4_0/build/i18n/po/fr-CA

Thanks for noticing the typo, Betty!

--