[OPEN-ILS-DEV] unAPI

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Wed Mar 11 08:23:16 EDT 2009

Right!
We have tons of shared bookbags as that's how we do our Course Reserves.
So... this is a result of the methodology we adopted.

Thanks Guys.

  Grant Johnson
  Systems Coordinator
  Robertson Library
  University of Prince Edward Island
  fgjohnson at upei.ca
  (902) 566-0630
2009/3/10 Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
>> Check this out... Top record.
>>
>> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=narrative+landscapes+morrison&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3GGGL_enCA295CA298&ie=UTF-8
>>
>> This is great but...
>> How is Google finding this to crawl?
>
> I can't explain it, but they always seem to find the SlimPACs... :)
> Could there be any links to shared bookbags floating around?  That's
> always been my pick for "most likely bot entry point."  One link to a
> bookbag and Google can effectively crawl the entire bib set via call
> number links and the subsequent call number browse.

I can answer this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=link%3Aislandpines.roblib.upei.ca

The search in Google for "show me all pages that link to our
catalogue" shows as the fifth link "Island Studies | UPEI Robertson
Library" (library.upei.ca/reserves/islandstudies.html) which in turn
exposes an RSS feed containing selected books on that subject in the
SlimPac interface. From there (and similar reserves lists), Google
happily crawls through related authors, subjects, etc...

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University