[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Source value

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Wed Mar 11 08:39:36 EDT 2009

1.4 allowing setting of Source is great.
Why wouldn't I want all records to be visible?

We complete the cataloguing of records before saving.
Unless transcendent visibility includes deleted records too.

2009/3/10 Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
>> Is there any reason why records are created without a source?
>> If I add a transcendent Source to ALL records - (Item Record or not) does this hurt anything...
>
> That will make all query-matching records show up everywhere.  You'll
> need to restrict setting the source to just the records you want to be
> transcendent.
>

>> We are putting erecords in without Item Records and need them to be transcendent by default.
>>
>> So..
>>
>> Is there code to modify to make a default "source" value?
>
> Vandelay (1.4) will allow setting the source on import.
>
>> Should we just write an sql query to update records?
>
> Yes, to do a large batch of existing records, that is the way.

And one probably inefficient SQL statement that would set the source
value to a transparent value (3) only on those records that have no
copies attached would be:

UPDATE biblio.record_entry bre
SET source = 3
WHERE bre.id > 0 AND bre.id NOT IN (