[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Lost item handling

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Sun Mar 15 22:51:42 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

> Bill Erickson wrote:
>
>> Bill,
>>
>> I'd like to look at incorporating this code into the repository.  Are the
>> various attachments to the previous emails still accurate?  Better yet,
>> would it be possible to get a unified diff of your changes (against 1.2 is
>> fine)? :)
>>

> Attached is the diff against the 1.4.0 branch.

Awesome, thanks.

>  What are the remaining UI pieces?  We'll need to add the settings to the
>> org settings interface.  We'll need some messages in the staff client to
>> alert the staff to what is happening when items are voided/unvoided.  What
>> else?
>>

> I've never even looked into the org settings interface, but to aid in that,
> of the 5 new settings noted in Const.pm, 4 are simple flags considered true
> on a defined non-zero value, the fifth (max_accept_return_of_lost) a date
> interval from the original due date (e.g. "1 year", "180 days", etc.).

Excellent.

> Because the item status Lost message is already coming up, I hadn't
> considered additional messages, as I expected staff to be familiar with
> their policies and what should be happening at that point.  Maybe I'm
> optimistic.  The bill value does populate at checkin, but again, with no
> details as to what was happening behind the scenes.

That's a good point.  One message I've heard others request, though, is some
type of alert to indicate that the user has already paid some money toward
the transaction, in which case, the user may deserve a refund of some
sort...

Thanks for the code, Bill!  I'll be going over this the next couple of
days.  If I have any questions I'll ping you.

-b

--
Bill Erickson