[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Z39.50 Server "off by one"

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri May 15 10:38:58 EDT 2009

2009/5/13 Warren Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>:
> I've managed to set up Evergreen as a Z39.50 server using Simple2Zoom.
> However, I noticed that when I would find N results, I could only retrieve
> N-1 of those results. It sounds like others may be having this problem.
>
> I poked around a bit in Simple2Zoom and made a quick 1-line fix (attached).
> It seems to have solved this issue for me on my simple Evergreen setup but I
> haven't tested it very much yet.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had narrowed this problem down to being an
> Evergreen issue or a Simple2Zoom issue. If it's a Simple2Zoom issue, then
> this patch might be helpful.

I'm happy to say that this patch solved our off-by-one problem quite
nicely. And I'm honestly happy to just have a working Z39.50 server,
with the ability to scope searches by org_unit and surface holdings in
a way that makes VDX happy, without worrying too much about whether
the cause of the off-by-one lies in the Evergreen code or the
Simple2ZOOM code.

Thanks a ton, Warren! We should update the SRU/Z39.50 section of the
wiki to reflect the status of the server, it has come a long way in
the last month!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University