[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** PATCH: paging for large numbers of items

Art W Rhyno artrhyno at uwindsor.ca
Thu Nov 5 15:44:19 EST 2009

This is a patch for dealing with bib records that have large numbers of
items, a situation which can cause the network to timeout in the opac if
the set is too large. At Windsor, this is often caused by microfilm sets,
for example, The New York Times [1] has 3527 items, I suspect a better
approach for dealing with this is to set up an opensrf call that leverages
postgres for doing the paging, but this modifies the rdetail.js file in
the opac skin. I have put a simplistic sorting function in place, many of
our microform holdings have the year as the final part of the call number,
and this sorts the set in order when the call number is in this format.

DCO attached, feedback welcome, and thanks to Dan for pushing us to put
forward opac modifications.

art
----
1.