[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Proposal

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Nov 11 19:45:13 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM, John Moss <John.Moss at hro.com> wrote:
> I am tasked with researching ILS Alternatives for our Law Firm. I have a
> number of Positives listed for switching to Evergreen, but would also like
> to list some Criticisms or Drawbacks of Evergreen. I know this may not be
> the best place to ask, but on the other hand it may be the best place to ask
> since all of you have far more experience with this software.

Hi John, what sort of benefits are you hoping to get out of an ILS?  A
lot of the things that may be a drawback in one light could be an
advantage in another (for example, the age of Evergreen means that a
lot of features are still in development, but at the same time
Evergreen benefits from more modern development and doesn't have a lot
of legacy cruft holding it back).

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference, April 20-23,
2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/