[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Introduction: Jeroen van Meeuwen (Fedora Project)

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Fedora Project) kanarip at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 17 04:42:07 EST 2009

Hi there,

please allow me to first introduce myself, before I go crazy and submit
patches to establish my goals with Evergreen Open ILS and OpenSRF ;-)

My name is Jeroen van Meeuwen, and I live in the Netherlands. During the
day I work as a Senior System Engineer for a consultancy company called
Operator Groep Delft (www.ogd.nl - Dutch), and my hobby and greatest
passion is Free Software and Free Culture. I am in the very lucky
position to have had that hobby and passion become part of my job as well.

As such, I heavily participate in the Fedora Project, or in Free
Software through the Fedora Project depending on how you look at it,
through which we try and get the latest and greatest in Free Software be
in a sort-of-consistent distribution, which we then release every 6
months. One of the very awesome examples of it's success is the fact
that the not-so-humble Red Hat Enterprise Linux is practically a full
derivative, downstream distribution of Fedora -if you would like me to
explain that statement please let me know.

If I were to list bullet points of what I do within the Fedora Project
people would get bored pretty quickly, so let me just emphasize that of
most common interest between the Evergreen project and my involvement
with Fedora so far is the fact that I package software. My goal is to
get the Evergreen Open ILS and OpenSRF packaged for Fedora, as well as
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux[1].

I'm looking forward to meet you all, especially the other RHEL/CentOS
enthusiasts, and working with you all to make the Evergreen Open
ILS/OpenSRF even greater ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

PS. I'm in Toronto early December (3rd-9th), at the Fedora User and
Developer conference
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Toronto_2009), and I understood
some of you are in the area as well. A great opportunity to meet some of
the people involved, maybe?