[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Prototype perltidy rc file

David Fiander david at fiander.info
Fri Nov 13 16:31:19 EST 2009

After seeing Dan Wells' whitespace patch, there was a bit of
discussion on IRC about how the default settings for perltidy were...
less than ideal.

Attached is a perltidy configuration file that I created. It doesn't
do too much damage, but I'd appreciate the rest of you running it over
some of your code to see if there are bad things that happen. It seems
that it's impossible to avoid having the opening and closing parens on
a _long_ if () statement being broken onto separate lines, and there
are some odd, but not unreadable, things that happen with long lines.

If you normally use tab characters in your files, then make sure to
include the '-et=8' option on the command line when you're testing.
This will ensure that the tabs are preserved, and you will only see
true formatting changes.