[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Announcing the OpenILS Buildbot

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 14:23:20 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 17:51 -0500, Shawn Boyette wrote:
>> It's alive! You can have a look-see at:
>>
>>    http://testing.esilibrary.com/
>>
>> The web bits are pretty self-explanatory. From the front page, either
>> click on the "Last build" of a project to examine the full output
>> generated by that build, or click on "History" to see an overview of all
>> stored builds for a project. (And from there you can drill down to the
>> individual build of your choice.)
>
> Neat! It would make sense for someone to build a simple Web page using
> yesterday's Web standards so that any browser can read the data. Should
> be pretty straightforward to at least display the last build results,
> and hopefully we could host that page at evergreen-ils.org

What /I'd/ like to see is a way to have the output of any number of
instances of the buildbot integrated into a single interface.  Having
builds (and tests -- yay make check!) succeed on one platform is
useful, but imagine if we had a whole fleet of different distros,
versions and even OSs, living on tiny, automatically
refreshed/wiped/otherwise-cleaned VMs, all publishing their results of
each revision.

I'm far to buried to pick up that sort of project at the moment, but
if anyone wants to play with some Dojo, it has handy widgets and
native cross-domain json-over-http support ... :)

[snip]

> Thanks very much, Shawn! This is a huge step (or a whole bunch of steps)
> in the right direction for the project!

Indeed!