[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6 stopping opensrf when other options fail -- third option

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Mon Nov 30 14:29:44 EST 2009

Hi developers,

Could I add a third method for killing the OpenSRF processes to the troubleshooting page at:

http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors ?

I would like to add the "rm -R /openils/var/run/*.pid" command which removes the pid files from the run directory? This seems to be necessary sometimes when the server is not shutdown gracefully and the other methods fail. This was discussed on the IRC channel on November 16th. I attached the IRC log file. I believe Dan proposed this for a user.

I ran into stopping OpenSRF issue recently and found this command essential for restarting OpenSRF.

Thanks,

Robert Soulliere
Systems Librarian
robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca<mailto:robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca>
Tel: 905-575-1212 X3936

Library at Mohawk
Connect * Learn * Succeed
brain.mohawkcollege.ca<http://brain.mohawkcollege.ca/>

This E-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the individual or entity named in the message. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, or the agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is prohibited. If this communication was received in error, please
notify the sender by reply E-mail immediately, and delete and destroy
the original message.