[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6RC1: Vandelay imported Bibliographic MFHD Records do not show holdings part

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Mon Oct 5 13:46:30 EDT 2009

Hi Dan

sorry for the delay:  good to know Vandelay can *not* yet handle MFHD
records like in our case with separate Holding Records.

Bit of a disappointment though:  MFHD is a major next step in 1.6
(all the way down to the database) and Vandelay MARC Import / Export
is not catching up.   I think this should be clearly noted in the
Release Notes and the staff client Vandelay screen it self.
Will share with Evergreen DIG  (the migration focus - with evaluation
as step preceding it) and good to learn about the command line
alternative:

marc2sre.pl     which I checked out but does not have a -h  and I
couldn't find other documentation either ? The code tells me

something but not the complete workflow: what comes before
marc2sre.pl, which script has to follow - and does marc2sre.pl take
straight MFHD 2709 combination records or should it be XML ?

On the non working "Add MFHD Record" button / link: this is the
Evergreen DIG Test Server and don't have access to the Apache log but
I guess you tackled that issue already [1]

Thx too for explaining Vandelay import formats (for single non-MFHD
recods): will share with DIG.

Repke

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/open-ils-
dev at list.georgialibraries.org/msg03539.html

Op 29-sep-2009, om 19:05 heeft Dan Scott het volgende geschreven: