[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** RE: error while adding items.

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 11:56:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Steve Wills <steve.wills at lyrasis.org> wrote:
> Progress.  The error coming out of postgreSQL is "insert or update on table "copy" violates foreigh key constraint "copy_location_fkey"   the detail is (location)-(1) is not present in table "copy_location".
>
> I'm wondering now if my batch import of bib data and item info from my migration sub-contrator crashed against my ou data?  Is this a reasonable path to start down?

Ahh, you've removed (or, somehow it was removed) the special Stacks
shelving location.  That's needed as a default.  You can put it back
in using:

INSERT INTO asset.copy_location (id, name,owning_lib) VALUES (1, 'Stacks',1);

Based on that, I'd suggest checking that the (also special) entries in
both biblio.record_entry and asset.call_number with an id of -1 are
still there.

--miker