[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** displaying due time in opac/feeds?

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Mon Oct 19 16:37:57 EDT 2009

Is anyone working on (or has someone solved for 1.6) the problem of
hourly reserve items not displaying the precise due time in the opac?
In our case, it's not actually printed material but rather group study
room keys that we most desperately need to see due time in the catalogue
for.
Rooms are checked out in 3-hour increments, mostly are not bookable
(first come, first served) and are in very high demand. I made a
bookbag/feed to include on our main drupal web site to show at a glance
which rooms are checked out and which are available, but it's not very
helpful to see them all checked out and have no idea if any of them are
about to become free within a few minutes. Staff resort to writing the
room numbers and times "due" on a piece of paper taped next to the circ
computer, which seems a step backwards to say the least.

Thanks!

---
Melissa Belvadi
Emerging Technologies & Metadata Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca
902-566-0581