[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6RC1 problems with Vandelay Authority Records importing

Repke de Vries repke at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 20 12:57:59 EDT 2009

Thanks Bill

this seems to imply that otherwise our authority records are OK  and
once imported [1] should kick in when doing bib descriptions and
Validate ?  Because on the Evergreen DIG Test Server they don't seem
to do that.

For example:  the first authority record in "subset100.mrc"  (which
you now also used) has:
=100  0\$aMaloy, Eileen

I would expect then that Creating a New Record and typing Meloy
instead of Maloy and then Validate (or even just the letter M), would
bring up this 100 field "Maloy, Eileen" ?!

Not so:  "no matching authority records found" is the message.  I
know I am spoiled after evaluating MARC authorities treatment in Koha
but feel at loss with Evergreen.

Thanks - and will remember your "seed data for authority records
attributes" plea (and bring it to the General list),

Repke
IISH

[1] in 1.4.06 they don't, in 1.6 RC1 at least they do; see my
"desperate" email to this dev list from October 5th

Op 19-okt-2009, om 17:22 heeft Bill Erickson het volgende geschreven: