[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Testing Evergreen

Shawn Boyette sboyette at esilibrary.com
Thu Oct 22 13:38:29 EDT 2009

Brief update before new business in another message:

On 10/17/2009 02:47 PM, Shawn Boyette wrote:
> I don't know of the existance of
> higher level things like test harnesses and coverage tools like
> Devel::Cover. If anyone knows these things, or even better, would like
> to go ahead and work on C testing, I would welcome it :)

It turns out that there is a standard tool for this in the GCC tookkit:
gcov. There's even a report generating tool called lcov[0] on sourceforge.

Unfortunately, it also turns out that gcov seems to be a little on the
gimpy side with respect to libraries and the loader. Luckily, LLVM[1]
and Clang[2] will make this sort of thing far more awesome before too long.

[0] http://ltp.sourceforge.net/coverage/lcov.php [4]
[1] http://llvm.org/
[2] http://clang.llvm.org/diagnostics.html
[4] No doubt there are some lessons to be learned in the LTP main site

--
Shawn Boyette
<sboyette at esilibrary.com>