[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Preliminary Conify (Org. Units) Patch

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 00:32:36 EDT 2009

During last week's IRC development meeting[1], I volunteered to have a
look at hooking up the address fields in Conify's org. unit interface
(Admin->Server Administration->Organizational Units). Thanks to Mike
Rylander, isnew/ischanged/isdeleted fields were fixed recently for
org. unit objects which has helped me simplify the code quite a bit.
Of the CRUD functions, Creating, Retrieving and Updating seems to work
for the org. units, their hours of operation, and their addresses.

Deleting is the one function that is still causing me a bit of
trouble. I'll keep plugging away but if anyone has a spare minute, I'd
appreciate some fresh eyes to look over the attached patch (against
tags/rel_1_6_0_0). Newly-created items are easily deleted, but
deleting items which were recently updated with new hours of operation
or addresses doesn't always work. Perhaps I'm doing something
unwholesome with Dojo's ItemWriteStore...

Cheers,
  Warren Layton
  NRCan Library / Bibliothèque RNCan

[1] October 2009, see http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings