[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Vandelay problem on Redhat

Dale Arntson arnt at uchicago.edu
Wed Sep 9 20:38:19 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We have been testing Evergreen 1.4.0.4 on Redhat 5 for sometime, but I
have not yet been able to load Vandelay reliably. It was working for a
time, but is now broken. As there are so many software components in
play during the invocation of Vandelay, I cannot tell for sure which one
is causing the failure, much less fix it. Any chance someone on the list
could take a look for me?

When I invoke Vandelay in the staff client, the app returns an "Internal
Server Error" message from Apache on port 443.

When I invoke Vandelay in the staff client with the -jsconsole option, I
get a javascript error message:

Error: uncaught exception: Permission denied to get property
UnnamedClass.classes

A google search suggests that this error results from a javascript
security violation involving a signing problem or a wrongful access to
code across different domains, but I am not sure of its relevance here.

There are also ejabberd connection-down errors.

I am attaching a tarball of my logs. To make it as easy as possible for
someone to look at the logs, I have logged a session where I only start
up the staff client and then invoke Vandelay. The vandelay invocation is
therefore at the end of each of the logs. I have also included a log of
the invocation of Vandelay from the Venkman debugger.

I am attaching separately my evergreen config files, for anyone who
might find it useful to consult them.

Thanks,

-dale

University of Chicago Library