[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Problems with resetting copy locations

Victoria Bush vbush at ilstu.edu
Wed Sep 9 16:12:22 EDT 2009

Evergreen server version: 1.4.0.4
Windows client 1.4.0.4

We created a series of copy locations using the Admin > Local System
Administration > Copy Locations Editor and added books to the database
using those locations. Now, we've discovered that we need to rework
our list of copy locations (the best laid plans of mice and men,
alas). I've gone in and edited the copy locations, but now I need to
add an item. When the Copies dialog box appears, by default the
location/collection is set to ???. If I attempt to set the location/
collection in the Copies dialog box by clicking on the location/
collection box, I immediately get an error dialog with an unhandled
error:

> FIXME:  If you encounter this alert, please inform your IT/ILS
> helpdesk staff or your friendly Evergreen developers.
>
> Wed Sep 09 2009 15:06:54 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
>
> render_input

Help! I totally understand the inability to delete locations from the
Copy Locations Editor if there are any books listed for that location.
That's fine, and I can work on resetting the few volumes in question
that need to be reset. But I can't set locations for new books, and
that is a problem.

And it seems to be something that a simple server restart or
autogen.sh rebuild can't fix.

--
Victoria Bush
Opscan Evaluation Manager