[OPEN-ILS-DEV] problems with sym link for client

Raymond Norton admin at lctn.org
Fri Sep 11 16:55:01 EDT 2009

By now it is clear I am the novice of the bunch.

 I am attempting to work with the Hardy 8.04 vmware image. I could not
find the windows 1.2.3.0 client, so I downloaded 1.2.3.1, and added the
sym link as described in the docs.

(

$ cd /openils/var/web/xul
$ sudo ln -sf rel_1_2_3_0 rel_1_2_3_1)

ls -l shows the sym link is there, but it's red, which is my first clue things are not ok.
Running the 1.2.3.1 windows client, I get the error "The server does not support your version of client)

About client shows: Target Server ID: rel_1_2_3_1

Any idea how to fix this?