[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Trac usage, EG Versions

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 11 20:24:27 EDT 2009

I'm looking to formally record in Trac the various bugs encountered during
development and testing.  Right now, the number of EG Versions to file
against are a small subset of the actual number of available versions (plus
2.0 that doesn't yet exist).  So I have a couple questions:

   - How should the 2.0 Version should be used?
   - What level of granularity do we want: each increment, major.minor only,
   something else?
   - What about trunk?

I suggest we probably want each increment, but more important than that, I
think we need a version for trunk (or HEAD) where the majority of bugs and
enhancements will be filed... and some hopefully fixed.  It would be
counterproductive to file enhancements against a stable version, since all
the new features should be going against trunk when possible.  And you don't
want it against whatever number version happens to be current now, because
if the ticket sits a while or the feature takes more time to develop, it
needs to keep up w/ the progressing version numbers and not look like a
piece of history.

Any thoughts on this?

--Joe