[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6 RC1 - MFHD editing

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Sep 17 12:07:35 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-09-17 at 11:49 -0400, Duimovich, George wrote:

> Nice to see the MFHD support in 1.6!
>
> I will soon need to demo the MFHD support for our phase II libraries,
> and I'd like to confirm what we could anticipate as the the expected
> MFHD editing functionality in the first production cut of version 1.6.
> Currently, we access MFHD via OPAC View > Add MFHD > (then click
> previous/next to refresh) > Edit Holdings [then get 404 error].
>
> Could we expect to see Add/Edit MFHD somewhere under > Actions for
> this Record > etc. Are there any additional tweaks going to be made to
> these steps in production 1.6 or is it 'as is' expected for the 1.6
> release?

With the exception of the 404 error, that's what's expected for the 1.6
release. Can you provide some more details on the 404? Anything more in
the apache or evergreen logs that provides a clue as to what is going
on?

It's a pretty minimal interface, I'm afraid - although having the
buttons in the record itself in OPAC view is actually closer to the
workflow our technicians desire for general cataloging work; they would
like me to add more buttons (like "Edit copy" / "Edit volume") directly
to the record to avoid having to use the staff client menus to navigate
to the corresponding interface.

Down the road, for MFHD, I'd like to see the ability to have "Add MFHD"
trigger an interface that at least gives you the ability to populate the
new MFHD record with the most common patterns, and it would be nice to
have an "Edit holdings" wizard that would give you simple editing of the
866/867/868 fields and an easy way of deleting old or checking in new
issues (adding a new 863/864/865), while keeping an "Edit raw MFHD"
entry for the old-school brute force method. But I'm not going to make
any commitment about when such functionality might be added.