[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Bug tracking (was: 1.6RC1 - Acquistions - possiblebugs)

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 18 11:52:20 EDT 2009

> Right, in my mind "wider community" would be a small team who would be
> able to make that distinction based on questions / reports posted to the
> mailing lists. We don't have to grant ticket management powers to
> everyone. I think this was part of the problem with the old Bugzilla
> instance: lots of noise that quickly became unmanageable.

So just to be clear, questions/bug reports would still go to mailing lists?

One thought I had about that approach (since I agree on noise
reduction but also want the process to be easier) was making THAT more
structured, and communicating that process back to the community. A
separate mailing list, evergreen-ils-bugs?

I worry developers will scream, but this is another situation where I
see a single web forum working better than these individual mailing
lists.