[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.6RC1 - Z39.50 Servers

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 10:24:16 EDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Duimovich, George
<George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:

> I take it this must me a known issue, but Z39.50 Servers is missing the
> ability to add/modify target searth attributes (fields, indexes, etc. to be
> able to search)..

The Z server (strictly speaking, external to EG proper) is backed by
the built-in SRU interface.  That, in turn, is implemented on top of
the core search infrastructure.  So, to add search points to the Z
interface that don't exist by default you have to add core indexing
definitions[1].  Then you can use the attribute mapping config file[2]
to point specific Z attributes at internal search classes.  Right now,
the Z attributes can only be pointed at the class level, but in future
versions you'll be able to target specific, user-defined index
definitions.

Does that help?

[1] http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells#how_to_include_a_specific_marc_field_with_a_specific_search_class
[2] http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:sru_and_z39.50#setting_up_z39.50_server_support_in_evergreen