[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Slow appearing records?

Wills,Steve wills at nelinet.net
Tue Sep 22 10:01:52 EDT 2009

I have reports from three different clients of something I have not been
able to personally reproduce yet.  I wonder if anyone else has seen this
issue?

One imports a MARC record via Z39.50 and immediately do a search on it's
title.  For as long a a few days it appears to still be missing from
search.
Finally the client imports it again, the error that TCM # blah already
exists is shown.  One selects the overlay button and now the bib record
will show up in search results.

Is this a known problem?  If not, what should I ask to better refine the
user problem?

Thanks,
Stev3