[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Slow appearing records?

Hardy, Elaine ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Tue Sep 22 14:48:46 EDT 2009

Steve,

This is a known issue. As I understand it, on some occasions, when a record is imported, the fingerprint that facilitates searching is not created in MARC XML -- at least for author, title, subject searches. The title is retrievable by the title control number. We currently have a helpdesk ticket open with ESI. They have created a script that runs on a regular basis that corrects the record while they are researching the issue.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy
PINES Bibliographic Projects & Metadata Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Ste 150
Atlanta, Ga. 30345-4304

404.235-7128