[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Small 1.6 RC1 bug - unexpected result whenattempting to register patron with invalid birthdate

Catherine Buck Morgan Cmorgan at statelibrary.sc.gov
Wed Sep 23 09:17:53 EDT 2009

However, forcing the birth date will cause problems for libraries who do not use birth dates when registering patrons. So making it a mandatory field will also cause problems.

We went live on 1.4.0.4, and have blissfully ignored the invalid birth date message. However, if it becomes a mandatory field, we will have problems.

--
Catherine Buck Morgan
Director, Division of Innovation, Technology & Library Services

The South Carolina State Library is a national model for innovation, collaboration, leadership and effectiveness.  It is the keystone in South Carolina's intellectual landscape.