[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Small 1.6 RC1 bug - unexpected result whenattempting to register patron with invalid birthdate

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 23 09:36:25 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Sep 23, 2009, at 9:17 AM, Catherine Buck Morgan wrote:

> However, forcing the birth date will cause problems for libraries
> who do not use birth dates when registering patrons. So making it a
> mandatory field will also cause problems.
>
> We went live on 1.4.0.4, and have blissfully ignored the invalid
> birth date message. However, if it becomes a mandatory field, we
> will have problems.

Good point.  I meant that that an invalid birth date should be treated
the same way as a mandatory field being missing - i.e., it should
block saving the patron until the birth date is corrected or removed,
not that the birth date should become a mandatory field.  However, my
wording wasn't precise on that point.

Regards,

Galen
--