[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Plans for mobile devices?

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Wed Sep 23 09:49:23 EDT 2009

Hi-

We're a consortium of 48 public libraries and 20 K-12 schools.  One of our
libraries is considering investing in a DataLogic handheld unit with
SirsiDynix's PocketCirc software installed on it so that they can check
material out and in and perform inventory functions from within the stacks.

They're not sure if they want to invest in this unit if it won't work with
our next ILS, which will be Evergreen, in two years or so.

Are there any plans to write software for mobile, wireless devices that
would allow this same kind of functionality?

I see from your roadmap that inventory management is not yet part of your
development timeline: