[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Unicorn to Evergreen conversion toolkit

Alan Rykhus alan.rykhus at mnsu.edu
Thu Apr 29 11:37:32 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm done doing our third test conversion migrating a Unicorn library to
Evergreen. This conversion was done without the ability to use the
Unicorn API. The library ran 3 of the canned reports in Unicorn and we
were able to migrate their data from these reports.

The kit migrates bibs, items, patrons, loans, fines, and holds. It uses
the 'Import Holdings Demo' to import the bibs but not to create items.
It is written in perl and uses common perl modules (DBD::Pg,
MARC::Batch, MARC::File::XML).

I'm willing to share the code with the community and have a couple of
questions.

1. Where to submit the kit?
2. What sort of addition has to be made to the files so that they
conform to the GPL license?
3. Suggestions for the best format? tarball? directory that can be
browsed? other?

thanks -- al

--
Alan Rykhus
PALS, A Program of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
alan.rykhus at mnsu.edu