[OPEN-ILS-DEV] troubleshooting new install: grep ejabberd doesn't match example

Metcalf, Steve MetcalfS at evergreen.edu
Wed Aug 25 13:56:06 EDT 2010

Lucid 10.04, OpenSRF 1.2.2, Evergreen 1.6.0.7

On
http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_fo
r_errors there is an example of output from ps -aef | grep ejabberd that
includes a process with the command

/usr/lib/erlang/lib/ssl-3.1.1.1/priv/bin/ssl_esock

There is a file with that name on the system, the version is 3.10.7, but
I never see a process with that command in the ps output.  I only get
the other two processes in the example.

Is this a sign of something broken in the install?  I've not been able
to get the smoke test to work and the default login and password are not
recognized when logging in from the client.

Steve Metcalf
THE EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE