[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Errors at testing stage of OpenSRF installation (OpenSRF trunk)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Jan 3 20:59:51 EST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 17:03 -0500, Wiktor Rzeczkowski wrote:
> I had a similar experience on Fedora 9 early in 2009; findings are here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/open-ils-dev@list.georgialibraries.org/msg03030.html
>
> Newer versions of ejabberd, such as those in Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 9.10,
> were incompatible with Evergreen. ejabberd v. 2.0.2 (max) was compatible.

Apologies in advance for being brief - I had a much longer reply that I
accidentally discarded.

First, Bradley pointed out that he was using revision 1879 of OpenSRF to
get the ubuntu-karmic target. As has been previously noted several
times, the incompatibility with recent versions of ejabberd was fixed in
OpenSRF trunk a long time ago as has been demonstrated by the Evergreen
1.6 VirtualBox image that was built on Ubuntu Karmic using the standard
ejabberd package. r1879 certainly contains the ejabberd fix, so let's
not send Bradley chasing a red herring.

Bradley, can you step back and try the OpenSRF call used by the OpenSRF
C services to get their config information?

srfsh# request opensrf.settings opensrf.settings.host_config.get
"localhost"

Let us know if you get any results from this; this should help us narrow
down the problem (for example, if one of the four opensrf / router
ejabberd accounts managed to get the wrong password in opensrf_core.xml
or didn't get registered).

.srfsh.xml should point to private.localhost, as that will enable you to
invoke methods on both private and public OpenSRF services.

Let's keep the /opt/openils/ vs. /openils/ difference in mind, too, as
I'm not aware of any site running OpenSRF or Evergreen anywhere other
than /openils/.