[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Errors at testing stage of OpenSRF installation (OpenSRF trunk)

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Mon Jan 4 19:04:27 EST 2010

Hi Bradley,

A couple of other things to check...

1) You might want to make sure all opensrf processes are stopped when you try to restart OpenSRF. In some cases using the osrf_ctl.sh stop_all command was not enough to completely kill the processes. The troubleshooting page at http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors has the other ways to ensure they are stopped. At times, I've had to use 'rm –R /openils/var/run/*.pid' to kill all the processes.

2) I would verify that your files contain the fixes for newer versions of ejabberd. I would review these changesets in the OpenSRF repository:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/OpenSRF/changeset/1730
and
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/OpenSRF/changeset/1731
to make sure your files have the necessary changes specified in these.

In November, I had downloaded OpenSRF 1.2 but these fixes were not in the download. I downloaded the files manually from the repository. It wouldn't hurt to verify these on your system.

Regards,
Robert