[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Errors at testing stage of OpenSRF installation (OpenSRF trunk)

Bradley Peters bdp+eg at moberley.com
Tue Jan 5 12:24:16 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Soulliere, Robert
<robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca> wrote:
> 1) You might want to make sure all opensrf processes are stopped when you try to restart OpenSRF. In some cases using the osrf_ctl.sh stop_all command was not enough to completely kill the processes. The troubleshooting page at http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors has the other ways to ensure they are stopped. At times, I've had to use 'rm –R /openils/var/run/*.pid' to kill all the processes.

I didn't do it at the beginning but the last few times I restarted
OpenSRF I did run the "ps -aef | grep OpenSRF" command. It didn't
return any of the processes that are shown on the troubleshooting
wiki. I will try this again when I have some spare time and run the
command you suggested.

> 2) I would verify that your files contain the fixes for newer versions of ejabberd. I would review these changesets in the OpenSRF repository:
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/OpenSRF/changeset/1730
> and
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/OpenSRF/changeset/1731
> to make sure your files have the necessary changes specified in these.

I'm reasonably certain that I have these changes because I installed
from an SVN checkout, but I will take another look.

Thank you,
Bradley Peters.