[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Errors at testing stage of OpenSRF installation (OpenSRF trunk)

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Jan 5 16:59:43 EST 2010

Hello Bradley,

This problem seems so familiar to me, but unfortunately it exists only in a foggy haze of a modest string of problems.  Still, in my own install notes on 9.04 I had the following note, so it seems worth trying.  Before running the Makefile.install, add the IndexData repository ( http://ftp.indexdata.dk/ubuntu ) (I did both main - Binary and main - Source, not sure if both are needed), then run 'sudo apt-get install libyaz-dev' to make sure it pulls from IndexData, then proceed with the Makefile.  In my experience the IndexData SimpleServer Perl module is broken in 9.04, but this update fixes it.

I have yet to get confirmation of this helping anyone but me, but if it does turn out to be the fix, I will add a note to the install wiki.

Thanks,
DW

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College