[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Errors at testing stage of OpenSRF installation (OpenSRF trunk)

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Jan 5 15:33:24 EST 2010

> I went through the troubleshooting steps on the wiki [2] and it
> appears the problem is occurring with the OpenSRF C part. First off,
> when I noticed that OpenSRF C was not running but the other parts
> apparently were running when I ran the stop_all command.

I'm not sure about the sample apps that come with OpenSRF, but with
Evergreen, the C services depend on the perl opensrf.settings service,
and will fail to load if that app isn't responding (or gets queried
too soon during its startup).

So I would do start_router, then start_perl, and wait until the CPU
dies down (if it doesn't, that's another problem).  Then in srfsh, I'd
try

introspect opensrf.settings

Then I'd try the opensrf.settings.host_config.get method.

If both of those are working at this point, then I'd try start_c

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064