[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: Enabling UTF8 data in SIP2 (patch and RFC)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jan 5 22:12:01 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 14:24 -0500, David Fiander wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Do you have some unit tests to add to the SIP code to test this new
> stuff? It would be great if we could test both configurations
> automatically, but the test framework doesn't support changing the
> config file on the fly, so we'd have to do something funky.

Hi David:

Most of my testing for this was done by pulling the relevant subroutines
into a separate standalone script.

There is a fair amount of manual environment setup required to get the
openncip tests working, which was my main deterrent in adding to (or
running) the tests. If wishes were horses, etc, the SIP user & patron
account, item, etc would automatically be created when the tests start
and deleted when the tests complete (via an ILS-specific counterpart
script, I suppose).

I agree that adding unit tests would be a Good Thing To Do, though, so
if I get the environment set up I'll try to add some.

As an aside, and perhaps way out of scope, our brand new V-series 7402
3M machine doesn't use the Renew message (29) defined in SIP 2.00, but
just issues a Checkout message (11) with the SC renewal policy flag set
to Y. There's a commented-out test for this in 03checkout.t; I don't
know what that means :/

Dan