[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Restricting Patron holds

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Thu Jan 7 15:41:44 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-01-07 at 15:22 -0500, Steve Wills wrote:
> Can Evergreen be configured such that the Patrons of one library are
> unable to place holds on the items at a another library in a
> consortial system?

Hi Steve:

I believe the way to prevent items from one library satisfying holds
placed on on titles held by other libraries is to set the "Holds: Hard
boundaries" setting for each library to the depth of that library in the
organization tree. There's no documentation that I've found that goes
into any depth on the "Holds" library settings options.

Preventing the "Place Hold" button from even appearing in the OPAC when
they are viewing records that have no holdings for their "own" library
(however you define that), or preventing patrons from selecting a
different pickup library other than the library that holds an item, is a
different matter.

Dan