[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Patch for staff client window to open other than maximized

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Fri Jan 15 15:03:03 EST 2010

Hello, list,

Many of you will be aware that after logging in to the Evergreen staff
client, the main window that opens up does so in a maximized state.
While this is probably optimal for many workstations, it isn't *always*
optimal, and I have long wanted to have an option to configure whether
it opens maximized or not.

Here's a quick patch against trunk that allows for that.   With this in
place, one can add a short file called "window_customization" to one's
per-user openils profile chrome directory, the contents of which should
look something like:

{
     "maximized": false,
     "width": 800,
     "height": 600
}

including the curly braces.

Any of those inner three lines can be omitted if you wish to accept the
existing defaults, and of course you can substitute any reasonable
number of pixels for 800 and 600 above.  Those are just examples.

That openils profile chrome directory that I mentioned, on UNIX
workstations, should be located at a path resembling

~/.openils/open_ils_staff_client/SOME_CHARACTERS.default/chrome

where SOME_CHARACTERS represents some string of characters, mostly
hexadecimal digits, which vary from installation to installation.

I'm not sure what the equivalent location is for Windows or Mac, but I'm
hoping some helpful soul will post them in a reply to the list.

Thanks for any feedback!
--
Lebbeous

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/