[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen installtion problems

Libdata sales at libdata.com
Sun Jul 11 22:18:24 EDT 2010

Has anyone been able to install opensrf & evergreen without consultant
support  - and if you did - what was the trick that made it work on a
standard Ubuntu server installation?

We are trying to setup a server for a group of libraries to evaluate
evergreen - but have not been able to get it to install and have not
received responses to any of our questions.  We have tried several
different versions of ubuntu (8.04 and 9.04) We have been able to get
opensrf to work a couple of times, but were unable to get evergreen to
work.  We have had several network oriented people to try it and none
have had any success.

Is there anyone out there who has a different set of installation
instructions, scripts, or binaries.  We do not believe the instructions
from the evergreen site are complete.  We think we are missing something
simple, but consistantly.   We have tried several  "solutions" found in
various threads.  We have noticed that almost everyone has had a
difficult time during installation  - please let us know the combination
of operating system/opensrf/evergreen version you were able to get to
work  and how you did it.

Please help if you can - we have spent a few weeks on this already and
would very much like to get to the next level.

Thanks,
Charles....