[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Attempt to install OPenSRF/Evergreen on CentOS - Problem report

Daniël Kollmer dko at iisg.nl
Mon Jun 7 09:47:40 EDT 2010

Hello everyone

As I have said in the past, we at the IISH were planning to install Evergreen on CentOS.
It was to be expected, that this will not work initially, so the idea was to help the developing effort by doing so.

As it turned out, the installation was impossible for me to complete in a reasonable amount of time. My superiors have decided, that the budget and time constraints we are facing (especially when it comes to my time as sysadmin) make it impossible to go more in depth with this. Therefore I am afraid I have to disappoint you by not supplying a full analysis of a complete install on CentOS. I did however take some steps and documented them. You will find the results attached so you can use them in further possible expansion of Evergreen to other platform in the future.

--
Daniel Kollmer

Systeembeheer
Internationaal Instituut Sociale Geschiedenis
System Administration
International Institute for Social History

Email: dko at iisg.nl
Tel: +31 20 8500 416
Fax: + 31 20 6654181

75 jaar IISG: 1935-2010