[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** OpenSRF&Evergreen Redhat Patches

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Jun 15 06:41:56 EDT 2010

Hi Lee:

On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 17:02 -0500, Lee Dickens wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Attached you will find patches for OpenSRF&Evergreen that add Redhat
> support.  These patches have been tested on RHEL 32 bit and 64 bit.
> Theoretically this should also provide support for CentOS; however, this
> functionality has not been tested.
>
> My patches rely on the rpmforge repository for perl modules, and the
> pgdg repository for updated postgresql packages.  I am sure there are
> plenty of things that I could be doing better.  Any
> advice/criticism/bugfixes will be greatly appreciated.
>
> I am currently working on wiki documentation and hope to have it
> uploaded shortly.  I will post a link when it is available.

A quick update after such a long delay; I applied your patch for OpenSRF
trunk to OpenSRF trunk. Evergreen is (probably) next. Now that I'm
running my own laptop on Fedora 13 and am getting comfortable again &
up-to-date with RPM-based distros after an absence of 8 years or so,
your patches look reasonable - certainly a great improvement over what's
already there!

I'd still like to get some independent testers confirming these patches
on an actual RHEL or CentOS system, but I figure we'll be in better
shape to have such testers if these patches get merged to trunk rather
than rotting away on the mailing list.

Thanks again, Lee.