[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Serials UI work

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Thu Jun 17 17:06:19 EDT 2010

Hi list!

[To Dan Wells in particular: Hey Dan, I know you're doing some work that
may overlap with some of what I'm about to describe.  I just want to
make sure I'm not stepping on your toes!]

I'm planning to build staff client interfaces shortly that will serve as
a starting point for the serials management UI.  Suggestions are
welcome.  These will be basic interfaces for defining subscriptions,
caption_and_pattern objects, distributions, streams, and routing list
users (the objects I'm talking about here are tables from the serials
schema as it now exists in trunk).

 From there I'd move to work on a receiving interface.  At the same
time, there will be work happening in the middle layer code to get
issuances generated from subscriptions, *_summaries generated from the
combination records, subscriptions and distributions, and so on.

The interfaces I'm picturing will be rough at first just to allow data
to flow through all parts of the serials schema, so that there's a
foundation on which workflows can be tested and refinements can later be
made.

Once again, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
--
Lebbeous

Please come by and visit the Equinox team and learn more about
Evergreen, Koha, and open source options
ALA Annual meeting in Washington, DC
June 24-28, 2010
booth # 1303