[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Thomas Edward's problem installing Evergreen 1.6.0.4

Libdata sales at libdata.com
Sat Jun 19 18:51:13 EDT 2010

We are having the same issues it seems others are having with the
install of 1.6.0.4.

We get all the way through the install steps and when we test evergreen
we either get a connection error, halfway through the connection reponse
and then lockup, or get a response with an authentication problem (the
problems depend on if we tried to reinstall postgresql, or finally stop
the unstoppable services) .  Have tried everythiing suggested - stopping
all the processes and restarting them in order.  Right now we are stuck
on the  problem where when we run  the  (srfsh# login admin  open-ils)
we get:

received data:"387462876832fec878923"
________
Request Completed Successfully
Request time in seconds : 0.026783
________

.....then it stops and I have to Cntl-C to get out of it.

I have looked at this thread and it seems Thomas had the same issues we
are seeing, but never really mentioned how he solved them - other than
saying that he had to go through the stopping and starting processes in
a certain order - do you have to go through this each time you boot?
What did you finally figure out?

Is there a script for this install on Ubuntu?

We have had a couple of us (not Linux experts, but have a lot of
experience with Linux) try and install independently and both decided it
is impossible to install without the help of one of the developers.  I
have attached the logs and misc files that might help determine what we
did wrong.

Please help !

Thanks,
Charles Ellis....