[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Upgrading multiple versions at a time (was: Re: Security vulnerability in Evergreen 1.6: patch orupgrade advised)

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Jun 27 09:42:53 EDT 2010

On 27 June 2010 09:11, Duimovich, George
<George.Duimovich at nrcan-rncan.gc.ca> wrote:
> Thanks Dan.
>
> To clarify the upgrade instructions.
>
> Say I'm on a 1.6.0.3 system -- could I go straight to run the 1.6.0.6 install, /BUT/ ensure that in step 5 "Upgrade the database" I carefully run the Step 5 SQL upgrade scripts in the order:
>
> 1.6.0.3 > 1.6.0.4
> 1.6.0.4 > 1.6.0.5
> 1.6.0.5 > 1.6.0.6
>
> in lieu of running full upgrade steps times 3. Preliminary look at the note suggests yes, but just want to double check this strategy.

Yes, if you're going with the full system upgrade option, you don't
have to run "configure / make / make install" for every interim
release between 1.6.0.3 and 1.6.0.6. You just need to apply the
database upgrade scripts in order.

The 1.6.0.6 tarball contains all of the SQL upgrade scripts in
Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg, so you should be able to download just the
1.6.0.6 release, apply the applicable upgrade scripts in order, and
then run configure / make / make install on the 1.6.0.6 code.