[OPEN-ILS-DEV] User Group and Group Permission

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 09:59:58 EST 2010

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Jason Etheridge <jason at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Benjamin Shum <bshum at biblio.org> wrote:
>> I could be wrong, but I thought that the User Group and Group Permission page in 1.6 displayed a blank page because all the material it used to control had been moved into the 1.6 staff client's in-db setup pages.
>
> It's deprecated, but should still be usable depending on your Apache
> configuration (I think by default it's only available as localhost).
> I wouldn't expect a blank page in any case, maybe a 404 or an access
> denied.

Well, these interfaces should really be removed, as they can't
configure everything having to do with user groups (or org units) in
1.6 anyway.

The reason you're seeing the error you are is because Postgres 8.3
became much more strict about automatic casting.  The effort to
address just this would be trivial, but you can't do everything you'll
need to do from the old CGIs, and the effort to make everything would
is non-trivial. So...

>> The 1.6 staff client equivalent of this page would now be under Admin --> Server Administration --> Permission Groups.
>
> Right

Yes, please use these instead.