[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Mac Staff Client

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 10 16:52:15 EST 2010

> If I choose to "Show Item Details"  of a record Item I get an error...
>
> "FIXME:  util.widgets.set_text doesn't know how to handle treecol"

Hey Grant, could  you try the trunk version of server/cat/copy_summary.xul?

Or alternately, apply this changeset:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15162

> 2 Questions:
>
> 1) Could it be an Xulrunner issue?

I think it's a flaw/ambiguity in the code that the Mac version of
xulrunner exposes.

Basically, we have elements with the same id attribute (which should
be illegal), and the Windows version of xulrunner is choosing one, and
the Mac version is choosing the other.

> 2) Would building a fresh client on the server and deploying it to Mac help?

You should be able to fix this solely on the server side.  If that
changeset works, I'll backport it all the way to rel_1_6_0.

Thanks!

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/