[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Mac Staff Client

Benjamin Shum bshum at biblio.org
Wed Mar 10 17:52:41 EST 2010

To Jason,

I copied the trunk version of server/cat/copy_summary.xul to one of our test servers and it seemed to take the change well.  My Mac client is now able to open the Item Details (Copy Summary) without that error message popping up everywhere.  So it looks like changing all those id's helped.

-- Ben

On Mar 10, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Jason Etheridge wrote:

>> If I choose to "Show Item Details"  of a record Item I get an error...
>>
>> "FIXME:  util.widgets.set_text doesn't know how to handle treecol"
>
> Hey Grant, could  you try the trunk version of server/cat/copy_summary.xul?
>
> Or alternately, apply this changeset:
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/15162
>
>> 2 Questions:
>>
>> 1) Could it be an Xulrunner issue?
>
> I think it's a flaw/ambiguity in the code that the Mac version of
> xulrunner exposes.
>
> Basically, we have elements with the same id attribute (which should
> be illegal), and the Windows version of xulrunner is choosing one, and
> the Mac version is choosing the other.
>
>> 2) Would building a fresh client on the server and deploying it to Mac help?
>
> You should be able to fix this solely on the server side.  If that
> changeset works, I'll backport it all the way to rel_1_6_0.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason Etheridge
> | VP, Tactical Development
> | Equinox Software, Inc. / The Evergreen Experts
> | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
> | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
> | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com
>
> Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
> It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
> Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
> http://www.evergreen2010.org/

Benjamin Shum
Open Source Software Coordinator
Bibliomation, Inc.